Government or Personal? That Is The Question.

A government body (e.g. a government department or local council) cannot sue for defamation in relation to a statement that comments on the way it carries out its public functions. However, an individual politician, public servant or local councillor can sue if a statement refers to the way in which they personally carry out public functions. Source


We use this cartoon for the purposes of education.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s