Was there a campaign to paint Zachary Rolfe as a “rogue cop”, a “trigger happy” officer who liked to cut corners within the Northern Territory Government? Or was it something else that lead to Rolfe being charged with murder? We believe that Rolfe was an “offering” and that is why he was charged with murder.
Decisions made by Michael Gunner and Jamie Chalker appear to indicate that Zachary Rolfe was charged with murder to appease the population of Yuendumu and the wider Aboriginal population of the Northern Territory.
As we have previously said Michael Gunner does not rush to every murder scene in the Northern Territory, so why did he rush to Yuendumu?
Why did Michael Gunner involve Ken Fleming, the previous head of ICAC? Fleming’s antics in Alice Springs when he got hold of a microphone were reprehensible.
Jamie Chalker seems to have some form of amnesia when it comes to what transpired prior to Zachary Rolfe being charged with murder.
Will Michael Riches the current ICAC head be able to establish anything? We hope so but will be surprised if he does!
We see this whole Rolfe matter as being indicative of the Northern Territory. Rolfe said it correctly with words to the effect that the NT is a cowboy outfit. Sadly it is totally true the NT is a cowboy outfit, the whole NT Government is one.
The Northern Territory is a cowboy outfit because:
- Crime is allowed to get out of hand.
- Crime is tolerated in remote communities.
- Many public servants cannot do their job or simply do not follow policy and procedure.
- There are high levels of nepotism within the government.
- The is a high turnover of government employees.
- Bullying is rife within the public service.
- Being truthful is discouraged.
- The government often employees mediocre individuals with barely a pulse.
- The government is reactive.
- The periphery gets few resources.
- Failed policies continue despite evidence showing failure.
- The promotion of dysfunctional communities.
- Failure to deliver on basic services.
Everyone should be asking why did a young man end up in the criminal justice system in the first place? Partly due to anomie, from a lack of purpose or ideals. For many life in Aboriginal communities in the NT is pure misery. Crime probably is the only option for many, an escape from their humdrum existence. Did Kumanjayi Walker have to die?
We need to be asking Michael Gunner and the Labor Government he leads what they have been doing to solve these issues?